It’s important to have a plan for where you will dispose of the trash and turn in recyclables as far in advance as possible.
CRC has provided a list of towns willing to accept trash & recyclables as well as dumpsters available for trash disposal. Please only dispose of trash collected from the Source to Sea Cleanup and be sure to call ahead (at least a month in advance).
If your town is not on our partners list, please make a request — many municipalities will generously donate a dumpster or trash pickup services. You should also find out what the town will recycle and how separation should be handled.
Can’t secure services? If after multiple attempts you are still having trouble finding ways to dispose of your trash/recyclables, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-772-2020 x211.
Town Partners (Don’t see your town here? Contact your Department of Public Works and ask them to support your Cleanup efforts!)
- Agawam Dept of Public Works | 413-821-0600
- Easthampton Public Works | 413-529-1400 x410
- Greenfield Department of Public Works | 413-772-1528
- Holyoke Dept of Public Works | 413-322-5645. Possible to arrange pick-ups.
- Leverett Transfer Station | 413-549-1062
- Longmeadow Dept of Public Works | 413-567-3400
- Montague Transfer Station | 413-863-3213
- Northampton DPW | 413-587-1570. CONTACT CRC FOR DISPOSAL SPECIFICS.
- South Hadley Conservation Administrator, Anne Capra | 413-538-5017 x208
- New Hampshire
- Lebanon DPW | 603-448-3112
- Brattleboro, Windham Solid Waste Management District | 802-257-0272
Dumpster Locations: Thanks to the generosity of our sponsor, USA Waste, dumpsters can be placed at locations with heavy trash volume on Cleanup days. Locations will be added here as they become known.
Contact Maddie at USA Waste & Recycling to make arrangements for your location: (800)998-2984 ext. 2182. Please give at least 1 week advance notice.