Take great photos at the 2019 Source to Sea Cleanup and you could win one of many great prizes!
Our panel of judges, including professional photographers and CRC staff, will award prizes for the Judges’ Choice Best-of-the-Cleanup Award and Judges’ Choice Advocacy Award. Our People’s Choice Award will garner one winner determined by largest number of votes.
Help us show the world know what we’re finding in our rivers and report it to our legislators and other stakeholders. So get creative! Don’t be afraid to show the dirty truth, the impact of this trash on our rivers.
- Be the change you want to see: What are you doing to take personal responsibility around reducing waste? Photograph individuals and/or group members doing their part to clean up our rivers. Keep your photos full of action. Include the people, the trash AND the river for greater impact.
- Purge the Plastics: Over 150,000 beverage containers have been removed from in and near our rivers in the 23 years that volunteers have been cleaning up the Connecticut River basin. Manufacturers, businesses, and government need to lead the way on overhauling how we make and use plastic – ban single-use plastic, use better types of plastic, make recycling easy, and keep Styrofoam out of our rivers by using better types of dock floats. Show through your photos how much plastic waste you are finding and let’s tell our stakeholders we expect better. Post and share on Facebook, Instgram and Twitter using #PURGETHEPLASTIC, then read more about the plastic problem.
- Tired of Tires: Tires are one of the most commonly found items during CRC’s annual Cleanup. It’s time that tire manufacturers take greater responsibility for the recycling and reuse of the tires they generate. Tire manufacturers insist the tires we find are old and that dumping is no longer a problem. Help us prove dumping is STILL happening. Show us the tires you pull and post on Facebook, Instgram and Twitter using #TIREDOFTIRES, then read more about the tire problem.
Tips: Your subjects do not need to pose; candids are great too. Consider including close ups, action shots, wildlife, folks wearing their Cleanup t-shirts, and side-by-side “before and after” shots.
DETERMINING THE WINNERS
JUDGES’ CHOICE AWARDS: Finalists will be determined by a panel of judges from among the eligible entries based on the quality of the contestant’s entry and how well the images convey the themes of the contest. All decisions of the judges are final. Only 1 prize per photographer. The photographs that receive the highest average scores will receive prizes in the following categories:
- Judges’ Choice Best-of-the-Cleanup Award
- Judges’ Choice Advocacy Award
Winners will be announced via email and on our website by 5:00pm on Thursday, October 10, 2019. Judge’s Choice winning photographs will NOT be eligible for voting in the People’s Choice Awards and will be removed from the voting pool. Additional photographs submitted by the winning photographers WILL be eligible.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD: The single photograph with the highest total votes during the Voting Period will be deemed the winner of the People’s Choice Award. Share your entry with your family and friends and encourage them to vote for your photograph to increase your chances of winning.
Voting will take place beginning at 5:01pm on Thursday, October 10, 2019 through 5:00pm on Thursday, October 17, 2019. Once voting begins, no other photos may be submitted. The winning photograph will be posted on our website at 5:01pm on October 17, 2019.
JUDGES’ CHOICE AWARDS
2019 Prizes coming soon
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
2019 Prize coming soon
ELIGIBILITY AND USE OF IMAGES
- Photographers do not need to be members of CRC to participate.
- If you are 17 years old or younger, you may participate in the Contest with the permission and assistance of your parent(s)/guardian(s).
- Images that have won previous CRC photo contests are ineligible.
- CRC staff, Board Members, interns, and their families are not eligible to participate.
- Ownership and copyright of all entries remain solely with the photographer. By submitting your photos to this Contest, you grant use of your photographs for CRC publications, website, products, and other uses to promote CRC’s work. Credit given where possible.
- Any entry will be disqualified if it is inappropriate, incomplete, fails to meet the required specifications, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of CRC. If your entry is rejected, it will be removed from the Contest website and you will be notified by email.
- Each person is allowed to vote only once per photo per day, during the voting period.
- Votes are tracked using your IP address.
- You can vote for more than one photo each day.
Entry to the Contest is free! There are no fees and no donation requirements to enter the contest.
HOW TO ENTER
- Upload your photo(s) using the entry form below and complete all required questions as directed.
- You may enter up to 5 photos in the Contest. Total votes are tallied per photo, not per entrant or email address. Accepted file formats are: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
- Please limit file size to 2MB or less.
- All entries will be displayed on CRC’s website once they have been reviewed and approved. We will make every effort to approve photos within 48 hours. Notification will be that your photo shows up on the page.
- Be prepared to provide CRC with the written consent of anyone who appears in a photograph.
- For more information contact Stacey: firstname.lastname@example.org