Congratulations to all of our entrants and our 2017 winners!
2017 Judge’s Choice 1st place winner!
“Teamwork is a Beautiful Thing”
Photo by Rob Kavaler, for MDC, Cleanup Sponsor
Wethersfield Cove, CT
2017 People’s Choice 1st place winner!
Photo by Christine Turner, Wethersfield Cove, CT
ELIGIBILITY AND USE OF IMAGES
- Photographers do not need to be members of CRC to participate.
- If you are 17 years old or younger, you may participate in the Contest with the permission and assistance of your parent(s)/guardian(s).
- Images that have won previous CRC photo contests are ineligible.
- CRC staff, Board Members, interns, and their families are not eligible to participate.
- Ownership and copyright of all entries remain solely with the photographer. By submitting your photos to this Contest, you grant use of your photographs for CRC publications, website, products, and other uses to promote CRC’s work.
- Any entry will be disqualified if it is inappropriate, incomplete, fails to meet the required specifications, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of CRC. If your entry is rejected, it will be removed from the Contest website and you will be notified by email.
DETERMINING THE WINNERS
JUDGE’S CHOICE AWARDS: Three finalists will be determined by a panel of judges from among the eligible entries based on the quality of the contestant’s entry and how well the images convey the theme of the contest. The photographs that receive the three highest average scores will receive the Judges’ Choice 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Awards, respectively. You do not need to collect votes to win the Judged Category. All decisions of the judges are final.
Winners will be announced via email and on our website by 5:00pm on Tuesday, October 3, 2017. Judge’s Choice winning photographs will NOT be eligible for voting in the People’s Choice Awards and will be removed from the voting pool. Additional photographs submitted by the winning photographers WILL be eligible.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS: Three winners of the People’s Choice Awards will be determined by public vote. The three photographs with the highest total votes during the Voting Period will be deemed the 1st, 2nd and 3rd People’s Choice Awards, respectively. Share your entry with your family and friends and encourage them to vote for your photograph to increase your chances of winning.
Voting will take place beginning at 12:01pm on Tuesday, October 3, 2017 through 12:00pm (noon) on Tuesday, October 10, 2017. Once voting begins, no other photos may be submitted. Winners will be posted on our website and via email by 5:00pm on October 10, 2017.
JUDGE’S CHOICE AWARDS
More info coming soon!
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS
More info coming soon!
MEET THE JUDGES
- Matthew Cavanaugh: Matthew is a freelance photojournalist and wedding photographer based in Western MA since 2010.
- Kate Hunter: Kate is a wedding, portrait and fine art photographer based in Greenfield, MA. Kate is also the co-owner and photo printing specialist at The Greenfield Gallery & Fine Art Printing.
- CRC Staff: Many of our staff members have photography backgrounds and are lending their expertise and enthusiasm to the Judges Panel.
For further information regarding the Photo Contest, please contact Stacey Lennard at firstname.lastname@example.org