Join us to enjoy rivers at these in-person and virtual gatherings. Engage with CRC’s efforts to restore, protect, and enhance our waterways! Events are added and revised as needed.
Paddle with a Purpose – Water Chestnut Removal in Gill, MA (Barton’s Cove)
June 25 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on June 25, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on July 16, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on August 13, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on August 27, 2022 at 10:00 am
It’s time to paddle with a purpose — help us remove the invasive water chestnut from our waterways
Water chestnut is a harmful aquatic, invasive species, which is known to take over stretches of water. When left unchecked, water chestnut has the potential to decimate ecosystems and eliminate recreational opportunities.
Join us in Gill, MA, near Turners Falls on Saturdays listed in the form below at 9:30am for a 10am launch. Each paddler is required to register and consent to CRC’s liability waiver using the form below. Paddlers should bring the following:
- clothes and shoes appropriate for the weather and paddling
- water bottle
- mask recommended
- Canoe or kayak with paddles and a PFD for each paddler! If you don’t have your own boat, paddles or PFD, please specify in the registration form below so we can provide them for you!
See you there!
CRC COVID guidelines:
- Masks are no longer required for outdoor activities, but you should were one if it makes you more comfortable.
- We recommend paddlers to keep a paddle’s distance from one another and not share a canoe unless they live in the same household.
- Please disinfect your hands with soap or hand sanitizer before and after the event.
- Please do not share a water bottle with other paddlers.
- Please stay home if you’re sick, recently tested positive (within the last 10 days) or have been in close proximity with someone who has COVID.
For questions or concerns, contact us at 413.772.2020 x207.