The Connecticut River Conservancy (CRC) seeks a motivated and responsible individual to carry out our Community Science program that manages European Water Chestnut in the Connecticut River Watershed in Connecticut.
- The manager oversees 1-2seasonal staff member(s) and will be responsible for scheduling and carrying out at least a dozen on-water volunteer hand-pulling events between June and August.
- The manager will work with partner groups, help to run a volunteer monitoring program, and collect, organize and report data
- The ideal candidates will have a passion for the environment, have paddling experience, and enjoy recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Interest in river ecology and stewardship and willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills, both written and interpersonal
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to participate in strenuous physical activity
- Ability to work both in the office as well as on the river
- Work occurs in the evening and on weekends and begins in early June and continues through early August. A boat is provided as needed. Positions come with a stipend.
- ±16 hours/week
Deadline to apply: May 1st 2020, or until positions filled.
About Connecticut River Conservancy
Connecticut River Conservancy is the voice for the Connecticut River watershed, from source to sea. We collaborate with
partners across four states to protect and advocate for your rivers and educate and engage communities. We bring people
together to prevent pollution, improve habitat, and promote enjoyment of your river and its tributary streams. Healthy rivers
support healthy economies.
CRC is an equal opportunity employer. We highly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply, and we value the insights, knowledge and perspective that a diverse staff bring to our organization and work.