The Connecticut River Conservancy (CRC) seeks motivated individuals to assist with our Community Science program that manages European Water Chestnut in the Connecticut River Watershed in Connecticut. This work takes place in several location including but not limited to: Glastonbury, Middletown, Hartford, South Windsor, Essex and Lyme.
- Employee will be responsible for helping to host water chestnut pull events and participate in the pulls themselves
- Employee will also be responsible for accurate data collection and organization
- The ideal candidates will have a passion for the environment, have paddling experience or an interest in learning, and enjoy recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Interest in river ecology and stewardship and willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to participate in strenuous physical activity
- Work occurs in the evening and on weekends and begins in early June and continues through early August. A boat is provided as needed.
- ±15 hours/week. Pay is $15/hour
Deadline to apply: May 1st, 2021, or until positions filled.
Email Kelsey Wentling, she/her pronouns, (email@example.com) a resume, a short cover letter describing your interest and experience (~200 words) .
About Connecticut River Conservancy
Connecticut River Conservancy is the voice for the Connecticut River watershed, from source to sea. We collaborate with partners across four states to protect and advocate for your rivers and educate and engage communities. We bring people together to prevent pollution, improve habitat, and promote enjoyment of your river and its tributary streams. Healthy rivers support healthy economies.
CRC is an equal opportunity employer. We highly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply, and we value the insights, knowledge and perspective that a diverse staff bring to our organization and work.