Quest 65: A River Adventure
This year, CRC celebrates 65 years of working for our rivers. What better way to celebrate than by highlighting all the wonderful things that our rivers offer us?
From June 15 through October 15, 2017 we challenge you to join us for Quest 65: A River Adventure. It’s an interactive, smartphone-based scavenger hunt spanning the entire length of our great watershed.
We’ve created an impressive list of 65+ things to find, see and do from the source of our great river at the Connecticut Lakes all the way down to the mouth of the river at Long Island Sound. We want you to visit river museums and historic sites; travel by river ferry, river boat or riverside train; see beautiful river art and bridges; swim, boat or picnic on the river; explore the rare riverfront castle and so much more!
This is a choose-your-own style adventure. It’s up to you when to embark on your adventure. It’s up to you how many stops your adventure will include. Just keep in mind that the more items you check off the Quest65 list, the more likely you’ll be to win a great prize at the end!
But the real prize is the wonderful experiences you’ll have all summer long with your friends and family enjoying our beautiful rivers.
HOW TO QUEST:
Grab Your Smartphone:
- Download the free Eventzee app to your Android or iOS device
- Click SIGN UP to set up Username, Password and Email.
- Type in the join code: Quest65.
Start Your Quest:
- Click on LIST to start playing.
- Clues are organized by category: CRC event, Recreation, Museum, etc. You may complete the clues in any order.
- For photo clues, take a selfie at the site where the clue has directed you. You will earn 1 point for every photo, upon approval by the admin team. If your photo is denied you may resubmit.
- For quiz questions, select the correct answer and you will earn 1 point. Think carefully, you only get 1 chance to try!
- Be a leader: Check off more items, get more points, stay at the top of the leaderboard. Get the most points to be eligible for great prizes!
- Pay attention to your messages: we will activate additional clues as the Quest proceeds!
[You can view your messages from the event page of the app—look for envelope icon to access your messages section.]
Overnight stay for 2 at the Snapdragon Inn
FOR THE ADULTS:
- Brunch for 2 at Saybrook Point Inn in Old Saybrook, CT
- Handmade canoe paddle by Ira Curtis
- Ride on the RiverQuest in Haddam, CT
- Fishing or paddling trip with a CRC River Steward
- Canoe or learn to row with CRC Director, Andy Fisk
- Gift card to the People’s Pint in Greenfield, MA
FOR THE KIDS:
All participants will receive a 10% discount at the CRC Store!
Check back for prize updates …
Eligibility and Rules:
Participants do not need to be members of CRC to participate.
Children 17 years old or younger may participate in the Quest with the permission and assistance of a parent(s)/guardian(s).
CRC staff, Board Members, interns, and their families are not eligible to participate.
An entry may be deemed ineligible if it is illegible, incomplete, fails to meet the required specifications, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of CRC. If your entry is rejected, you will be notified through the Quest65/Eventzee app.
Quest65 will run 6/15/17-10/15/17. You will not be able to view any clues until opening day!
The admin team will approve all photos. You will be able to continue Questing while awaiting approval.
Winners will be determined within 2 weeks of game closing.
Important note: recreation activities can be potentially hazardous. As a participant in our Quest, you assume responsibility for your safety and your actions. Please exercise caution and sound judgment.
Use of Images:
Ownership and copyright of all entries remain solely with the participant. By submitting your photos to Quest65, you grant use of your photographs for CRC publications, website, social media, products, and other uses to promote CRC’s mission and work.