Solving the problem of river pollution first requires that we show the world it exists. In addition to capturing the beauty of nature in its purest form, we invite you to show the dirty truth of trash in our rivers and the need for trash solutions. Join us in being a voice for our local rivers by sharing what you see on social media using the hashtag #RiverWitness.
Your #RiverWitness posts will be shared by Connecticut River Conservancy to a wider river community and select images will be used to call on decision-makers to enact trash solutions to keep trash out of our rivers.
Show them this is important to you and speak up for your rivers!
How it Works
Being a #RiverWitness is your opportunity to get creative and engage the community online by sharing photos, videos, and stories of what you witness when you visit or connect with your rivers. There are no limits on the ways you can be a #RiverWitness, so get creative!
To get started:
- Get outside and connect with your rivers
- Take photos or videos capturing your time either enjoying the river or cleaning up trash
- Post on social media using the hashtag #RiverWitness
- Be sure to tag the Connecticut River Conservancy — you can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Let us know where you are, what brings you to the river, and what sort of river beauty or river pollution you see
It is as simple as that!
Even if you aren’t right by the river, you can still be a #RiverWitness. No matter where you clean up trash, you are helping prevent it from ending up in rivers. If you do encounter trash in your travels, consider signing up for the Source to Sea Cleanup. Spread the word to your networks!