Join a Source to Sea Cleanup Group
CRC’s 21st Annual Source to Sea Cleanup will be on September 22 & 23, 2017.
We hope you’ll join us!
The Source to Sea Cleanup is made up of many local cleanup groups all across the Connecticut River watershed. You can use this page to find a Cleanup group near you accepting cleanup volunteers (green pins on map). NOTE: Some Cleanup groups are closed (red pins on map) to non-members of the company, scout troop, church organization, classroom, etc.
The map below will help you to find a group that invites new people to join and will tell you how to contact the group leader. Can’t find an open group in your area? The map will be regularly updated so check back here each week leading up to the cleanup. Or, consider starting a group in your area.
How to get involved
- If contact information is listed for the group leader, please let her/ him know you will be participating. If possible, contact the group leader early so they have time to prepare. Check with the group leader about exact meeting location and times, plans for bad weather and what to bring. Some groups meet on a different day, so be sure to check the date for the group you’re planning to join.
- Sign up for CRC emails to stay up-to-date on the cleanup and other Connecticut River news.
How to be a super-volunteer
- All volunteers must complete a waiver form to participate. Adult waiver form Child waiver form
- All groups track trash as an important part of the Cleanup. Your group leader may assign participants to record data or separate recyclables.
- Take photos and submit them in CRC’s Cleanup Photo Contest.
- We are looking for volunteers to help us scout sites ahead of this year’s Cleanup. You can do this near where you live. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anyone at any time can report a trash site. Suggestions of sites in need of cleaning help us guide groups to a good cleanup site if they don’t have one.
- Spread the word: tell your friends or help hang event fliers in your town.
- There may be roles for volunteers before the Cleanup, such as finding supplies. Contact your leader to get more involved and help your local group grow and be successful.
If you have any questions or have limited computer access and need assistance, please contact Alicea Charamut, Cleanup Coordinator at email@example.com or 860-704-0057.
Thanks for helping to keep our rivers clean!
Map of Groups
For more details about groups, click on each pin to see group leader contact information, meeting time & location, etc. Can’t find an open group in your area? The map will be regularly updated so check back here each week leading up to the cleanup.
Pins show cities or towns where Cleanup Groups have registered for 2017. If pins are clustered closely, use the zoom control to separate them. Please note that pins show approximate locations of cleanups. For exact locations, contact the group leader.
- Green pins are groups that can take additional volunteers
- Red pins are groups that are not open to more cleaners
Click here to view a larger map.