Help save the Connecticut River from an alien invader!
This is a great opportunity to get on the water and have some fun… all for a good cause. Water chestnut is an invasive plant that has the potential to spread and get out of control. It is wreaking havoc on native species and interfering with recreation on our rivers. We will be hand-pulling the plants which pull up easily! Join staff and partners throughout the watershed and paddle with a purpose! Most pulling events are BYOB. Bring your own boat! We could also use assistance from shallow draft motor boats to help us shuttle plants back to land.
We will provide supplies and instuction on how to pull the plants. It’s easy to do but techique is important. So is the work you will be doing!
Mattabesset Floating Meadows, Middletown | Contact Alicea Charamut 860-704-0057
- Saturdays 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm | June 24 | July 8
Keeney Cove, Glastonbury | Contact Alicea Charamut 860-704-0057
- Wednesday 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm | July 5th
Log Pond Cove, Holyoke | Contact Michael Leff 215-870-0605
- Sunday, June 18: 9:30 am-2:30 pm
- Thursday, June 22: 9:30am-2:30pm
- Saturday, July 8: 9:30 am-2:30 pm
- Saturday, July 15: 9:30 am-2:30 pm
Barton Cove, Gill | Contact Kim Noyes
- Thursday, July 6: 6pm – 8:30 pm
- Thursday, August 3: 6pm – 8:30 pm
Vermont & New Hampshire
Check back later for dates!