This is a great opportunity to get on the water and have some fun… all for a good cause. Water chestnut is an invasive plant that has the potential to spread and get out of control. It is wreaking havoc on native species and interfering with recreation on our rivers. We will be hand-pulling the plants which pull up easily! Join staff and partners throughout the watershed and paddle with a purpose! Most pulling events are BYOB. Bring your own boat! We could also use assistance from shallow draft motor boats to help us shuttle plants back to land.
We will provide supplies and instuction on how to pull the plants. It’s easy to do but techique is important. So is the work you will be doing!
Mattabesset Floating Meadows, Middletown | Please RSVP Contact Alicea Charamut 860-704-0057
- Launch from the Philip Salafia Boat Launch on Johnson Road in Middletown (click here for map)
Saturday | August 5th | 9:00 am – 12:00 pm – Cancelled due to inclement weather!
Keeney Cove, Glastonbury | Please RSVP Contact Alicea Charamut 860-704-005
- Launch from Point Rd in Glastonbury.
- Wednesday | August 2nd | 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Vernon | Access through private property. Please contact Alicea Charamut 860-704-0057 to RSVP and for location.
- Wednesday | August 9 & 16 | 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Log Pond Cove, Holyoke | Contact Michael Leff 215-870-0605
- Sunday, June 18: 9:30 am-2:30 pm
- Thursday, June 22: 9:30am-2:30pm
Saturday, July 8 Rescheduled due to weather, Sunday, July 9: 9:30 am-2:30 pm
- Saturday, July 15: 9:30 am-2:30 pm
- Friday, August 11: 9:30am – 2:30pm
- Thursday, August 17: 9:30am – 2:30pm
Barton Cove, Gill | Contact Kim Noyes
- Thursday, July 6: 6pm – 8:30 pm
- Thursday, August 3: 6pm – 8:30 pm
Vermont & New Hampshire
Hinsdale | Contact Laurie Callahan 802-258-1877 | Please RSVP!
- Launch from the Prospect St Boat Launch (click here for map)
- Monday | July 17th | 9:15 am – 12:30 pm