Connecticut River Conservancy (CRC) seeks a savvy events assistant to work alongside our team to create and execute our public events, including the Source to Sea Cleanup, our largest event of the year.
- Work within a dynamic environmental organization that seeks to continue learning and growing.
- Help bring CRC’s river-themed programming to the community and bring the community to our rivers.
- Put your organizing skills and creativity to work.
- Expand and share your knowledge of river issues and how to tackle them.
- See events through from conception to implementation, including setting up in Eventbrite and posting on calendars and social media, approximately 3-5 events/month
- Participate in organizational aspects of the Source to Sea Cleanup, including attending & recording meeting notes, communicating with partners and volunteers, processing registrations and other volunteer materials
- Support CRC’s Trash Advocacy campaign – research and implement tasks TBD
- Conduct outreach and support to youth groups and local organizations, particularly in urban areas
- Coordinate Spanish language translation of Cleanup materials
- Photograph/videotape when in-person events are possible
- Experience with and enthusiasm for event organizing and environmental stewardship and advocacy
- Experience with social media, Excel spreadsheets, Eventbrite, WordPress and other mapping tools
- Excellent written communication skills (Spanish language fluency a plus)
- Can adhere to budgets and timelines with attention to detail
- Flexible to work in office environment (in person or remote)—collaborative, hard-working, sense of humor
Location: Remote and in CRC’s Greenfield, MA office
Hours and Compensation: ±15 hours/week, $16-18/hour
Position dates: April – October
Please fill the application form below.
Deadline to apply: March 31, 2022, or until position filled.
Contact: Stacey Lennard, Events Organizer and Source to Sea Cleanup Coordinator, email@example.com.
About Connecticut River Conservancy
Connecticut River Conservancy is the voice for the Connecticut River watershed, from source to sea. We collaborate with partners across four states to protect and advocate for your rivers and educate and engage communities. We bring people together to prevent pollution, improve habitat, and promote enjoyment of your river and its tributary streams. Healthy rivers support healthy economies.
CRC is an equal opportunity employer. We highly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply, and we value the insights, knowledge and perspective that a diverse staff bring to our organization and work.
COVID Protocol: The Connecticut River Conservancy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and staff are required to wear masks when in the office. Please reach out with any questions about our current COVID-19 safety procedures.
Events Planning Assistant Application Form