Connecticut River Conservancy (CRC) seeks a qualified individual to work alongside our team who can commit to the following tasks, most of which are office tasks. Additional tasks TBD.
- Work within a dynamic and growing environmental organization.
- Help bring CRC’s river-themed programming to the community and bring the community to our rivers
- Assist with planning and implementation of the Source to Sea Cleanup.
- Put your organizing skills and creativity to work.
- Expand your knowledge of river issues and how to tackle them.
- Post events on our digital channels, to include Eventbrite, social media and website calendar.
- Create flyers.
- Participate in planning phase of the Cleanup, to include attending & recording meeting notes, follow up on tasks
- Support CRC’s Advocacy Campaign – research and implement tasks TBD
- Research and order supplies, pick-up where possible
- Prep and mail welcome packets, supplies; deliver local supplies where possible
- Distribute Cleanup posters
- Outreach to town/city departments for Cleanup support – promotion, trash disposal, etc.
- Outreach and support to youth groups and local organizations, particularly in urban areas
- Coordinate Spanish language translation of Cleanup materials
- Potential to host a cleanup group in your local area
- Research new options for plastic recycling, tire disposal
- Electronically input trash data and submit final data to stakeholders
- Photograph/videotape when in-person events are possible
Desired Skill Sets:
- Experience with social media, Excel spreadsheets, WordPress and other mapping tools
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail
- Interest in river ecology, stewardship and advocacy
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Ability to work in office environment (in person or remote)—collaborative, hard-working, sense of humor
Hours and Compensation: ±10 hours/week, $15/hour. Start/end approximately April-October
Position Supervisor: Stacey Lennard, email@example.com, 413.772.2020 x211
How to apply: Fill the form provided to you below.
Deadline to apply: April 9, 2021, or until position filled
About Connecticut River Conservancy
Connecticut River Conservancy is the voice for the Connecticut River watershed, from source to sea. We collaborate with partners across four states to protect and advocate for your rivers and educate and engage communities. We bring people together to prevent pollution, improve habitat, and promote enjoyment of your river and its tributary streams. Healthy rivers support healthy economies.
CRC is an equal opportunity employer. We highly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply, and we value the insights, knowledge and perspective that a diverse staff bring to our organization and work.