Pull Together – Water Chestnut Removal in Northampton, MA (Oxbow Cut-off)
June 2, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
It’s time to pull together — help us remove the invasive water chestnut from our waterways
Water chestnut is a harmful aquatic, invasive species, which is known to take over stretches of water. When left unchecked, water chestnut has the potential to decimate ecosystems and eliminate recreational opportunities.
Join us in Northampton on Island Rd, near the Oxbow Marina. Once you register, you will be contacted by our team leaders to stagger volunteers at the boat launch to prevent crowding. Bring work clothes, gloves, a mask as well as your canoe/kayak and a PFD! See you there!
CRC Guidelines for Safe-Distance Paddling:
- Bring your own boat and gear, including lifejacket and paddle. If you need to borrow from a friend, please make sure you sanitize everything you touch before and after. BYO disinfectant spray or wipes. If you need a boat, please contact us at 413.772.2020 x207 and we may or may not be able to accommodate.
- Maintain a 6+ foot distance from all people at all times, including when loading boats, paddling, walking to/from the put in, etc.
- Bring your own mask to wear during loading/unloading and any time you are not on the water.
- No communal shuttling. To reduce the need for shuttling we’ve organized this as a round-trip paddle. Please ride to the event with members of your own household.
- If you are feeling sick at all, please stay home.