Position classification: Permanent; Exempt; Salaried
Hours: 30-40 hours/week (flexible based on candidate preference)
Start Date: July (flexible based on candidate preference)
Office Location: Greenfield, MA/Hybrid
Health Benefit Eligible: Yes
Retirement Benefit Eligible: Yes
Supervisor: Director of Finance
Pay Rate: $21-$23/hour
The Connecticut River Conservancy (CRC) is looking for its next Finance and Accounting Assistant. The Assistant will be joining CRC’s current four-person finance team to provide accounts payable, general payroll, and accounts receivable support. The assistant will process organizational invoices under the supervision of CRC’s Director of Finance. The ideal candidate will be able to work in the Greenfield Office at least once per week. Work hours should fall between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, with some flexibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance/Accounting Assistant will be responsible for a select number of accounting and general clerical support functions at the Connecticut River Conservancy. This includes:
General Accounts Payable Functions (70%)
- Sort, code, and record expense transactions
- Review, validate, and post AP invoices
- Analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices, correct problem accounts
- Create and maintain vendor records
- Perform database maintenance and cleanup in accordance with protocol
- Support reconciliations of credit cards and bank accounts
General Accounts Receivable and Payroll Functions (30%)
- Create and maintain customer records
- Assist in recording revenue and deposit activities
- Enter budget data into accounting software
- Assist in onboarding of seasonal and temporary employees through payroll systems
Direct Reports: No employees will be reporting to this person.
- General understanding of basic bookkeeping
- Excellent use of Excel/high comfort working with spreadsheets
- Good math skills
- Ability to follow complex written procedures
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Knowledge of accounting information systems is a plus. Candidates familiar with MIP Software are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of federal and state programs is a plus.
Deadline to apply: 6/20/2023
The application period is now closed. Initial interviews are being conducted the weeks of June 19th and June 26th.