Part-time position: 15 hours/week
Position classification: Seasonal
Date Range: March – October
Office location: Hybrid with some presence in Greenfield, MA office
Health Benefit Eligible: No
Retirement Benefit Eligible: Yes
Supervisor: Events Manager
Supervisory: Not Eligible
Pay range: $15-$17/ hour
The Connecticut River Conservancy (CRC) seeks an events assistant to work alongside our team to create and execute our public events, including the Source to Sea Cleanup, our largest event of the year. Events aim to “bring the river to the people and the people to the river” highlighting CRC’s work in restoration, advocacy, sustainability, recreation, climate and community science. We run 3-5 public events per month, from March through October, both virtual and in-person, in our four watershed states – CT, MA, NH & VT. This position involves assisting with all aspects of event production, as detailed below. Access to a vehicle to travel to occasional events is preferred and will be reimbursed at the IRS rate.
- Event registration administration, including setting up in Eventbrite and posting on calendars and social media
- Make updates to CRC Events Calendar and web pages
- Create event flyers and promotional material
- Attend in-person events, occasionally on evenings and weekends; document via photos and videos
- Coordinate food & beverages for in-person events
- Attend virtual events and support back-end production via Zoom
- Track event attendance for end-year report
- Participate in organizational aspects of the Source to Sea Cleanup, including:
- Attend partner meetings & record meeting notes
- Back-end registration administration via WordPress or similar platform
- Support volunteers via phone and email with group selection and questions
- Pack and ship supplies
- Maintain supply inventory
- Outreach to town/city departments for trash disposal support
- Compile Cleanup photos for website and print publications
- Research new options for plastic recycling, tire disposal
- Electronically input trash data and submit final data to stakeholders
- Conduct outreach and support to youth groups and local organizations
- Support CRC’s Trash Advocacy campaign
- Experience organizing events
- Excellent written communication skills, particularly writing for marketing and social media
- Comfort and competence using email, Excel spreadsheets, Eventbrite, WordPress and other online tools
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Experience with photography
- Ability to adhere to budgets and timelines
- Flexible to work remotely and in office environment during 9am-5pm hours
- Ability to work on a team
- Optional: Spanish language fluency
- Work within a dynamic environmental organization that seeks to continue learning and growing.
- Help bring CRC’s river-themed programming to the community and bring the community to our rivers.
- Put your organizing skills and creativity to work.
- Expand and share your knowledge of river issues and how to tackle them.
Please submit your cover and resume as one PDF using the form below. Feel free to reach out to email@example.com with any questions about the position or application.
Deadline to apply: February 9th, 2023.
About Connecticut River Conservancy:
Connecticut River Conservancy is the voice for the Connecticut River watershed, from source to sea. We collaborate with partners across four states to protect and advocate for your rivers and educate and engage communities. We bring people together to prevent pollution, improve habitat, and promote enjoyment of your river and its tributary streams. Healthy rivers support healthy economies.
CRC is an equal opportunity employer. We highly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply, and we value the insights, knowledge, and perspective that a diverse staff bring to our organization and work.
COVID-19 Protocols: The Connecticut River Conservancy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and staff are required to wear masks when in the office. Please reach out with any questions about our current COVID-19 safety procedures.
Contact: Stacey Lennard, Events Manager and Source to Sea Cleanup Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events Planning Assistant Application Form: 2023