This full-time position is responsible for supporting the day-to-day functioning of Connecticut River Conservancy (CRC)’s development department and the organization’s CRM software. The person in this role is responsible for effective use of the donor database and supports all philanthropic giving functions. This position requires a high level of confidentiality and attention to detail. It requires a minimum of 3 days a week working in the Greenfield office (with strict COVID precautions in place) and reports to the development director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurate data entry and record maintenance in the organization’s CRM (Virtuous), including preparing and importing external data and lists into the software.
- Collaborate with finance staff to ensure that all donations have been entered correctly in both the donor software and accounting systems, including regular gift imports and monthly reconciling.
- Ensure accurate entry of gift pledges, planned gifts, and recurring gifts, and help to generate pledge reminders, and planned giving communications.
- In coordination with development director, consistently and accurately implement data coding system to ensure constituents receive appropriate communications and fundraising outcomes are measurable.
- Help to create and maintain processes and forms for collecting and importing data from external sources, including the Source to Sea Cleanup, restoration projects, events, the online store, donor prospect lists and volunteer projects to ensure accurate coding and data integration.
- Prepare queries, exports and merges for appeals and mailings.
- Maintain organizational email lists and create new ones as needed.
- Maintain tags and custom fields to accurately track different constituent groups, donor portfolios, and other information within the software.
- Merge duplicate records, manually edit contact information, and regular data cleaning as needed.
- Generate regular reporting on income and donor base for staff and board.
Development and Donor Relations
- Process and acknowledge all donations within 3 business days, including acknowledgments for CRC, affiliates, and fiscal sponsored organizations.
- Oversee processes that ensure accurate, engaging, and up-to-date donor acknowledgements and personal thank yous, including creating and maintaining process workflows in the software.
- Manage production process for mail and email appeals and other communications, including establishing and following timelines, preparing data for mail house, coordinating with development staff for data review, and working with office manager to assist with mailings and administrative support.
- Identify lapsed donors and sustaining donors with expiring pledges or payment methods and follow up.
- Periodically review and update donor correspondence and acknowledgement process and templates for all gifts in coordination with development director.
- Create accurate contributor lists for newsletters and annual reports.
- Participate in CRC’s all-staff donor stewardship effort, including communicating with a small number of assigned donors throughout the year.
Support and Training
- Serve as an on-call “help desk” to assist all CRC staff and trustees in effectively using the software, including providing assistance and training, and completing time-sensitive tasks in the software as needed.
- Supervise and mentor team of data volunteers, including providing orientation, assigning projects, and checking in on process.
- Provide administrative support to the development director and associate development director.
- Continue to refine and improve efficiency of administrative processes.
- Document and update process manual for tasks related to position.
- Other tasks as requested.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to the work of building a community of individual donors to sustainably support the organization. Experience with non-profit development a plus.
- Experience with CRM software (Virtuous or similar), data entry, pulling queries and running reports.
- Microsoft Office experience, including advanced knowledge of Excel, running mail merges, and ability to troubleshoot basic Word and web questions within a PC environment.
- Quick and accurate data entry.
- Excellent communications skills including ability to connect by phone and email with donors and other CRC constituents.
- Ability to train and provide support to staff, trustees, and volunteers in using the CRM.
- Ability to work effectively and to meet deadlines.
- Dependability and flexibility.
- Takes initiative to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
Please send cover letter and resume to Corey Kurtz, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close June 1, 2021.
CRC is an equal opportunity employer. We highly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply, and we value the insights, knowledge, and perspective that a diverse staff bring to our organization and work.