Full-time position (1.0 FTE)
Office location: Greenfield
Supervisors: Development Manager and Director of Development
Position classification/salary range: Development Assistant II/$35,000 – $50,000
Application accepted on a rolling basis
Are you an experienced data wrangler with CRM or Salesforce experience? Are you passionate about protecting the environment, fighting for clean water, and ensuring environmental justice?
The Connecticut River Conservancy (CRC) is looking for its next Development Assistant. CRC has been working since 1952 to protect and restore New England’s Great River. We are an ambitious and committed organization that has been growing and changing over the past ten years as we expand our work in all four watershed states: VT, NH, MA, and CT. Our programs impact everyone who lives in or visits the 11,000 square mile watershed. That’s a lot of different people who engage with rivers in many different ways. Our work can be technical. Our work can be fun. Our work can be contentious. Our work can be inspiring. And our work is changing as we evaluate our mission in light of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
The Development Assistant is responsible for supporting the functioning of CRC’s development department and the organization’s Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system. You will be responsible for the day-to-day use of the donor database, executing relationship-building tasks, and supporting all fundraising functions. The position requires a high level of confidentiality and attention to detail. Position requires in-office presence at the Greenfield headquarters (with strict COVID precautions in place). Reports to the Development Manager for revenue and systems.
Send your cover letter and resume to Nicole Reigle, Assistant Director of Development, at email@example.com. Please submit attachments as one .pdf file. Questions? Reach out to Nicole via email.
Duties and Responsibilities: Percentages represent the range of responsibilities. Flexibility and adaptability is critical to this position’s success.
Gift Processing – 50%
- Review and process online gift transactions and process donations from the mail
- Coordinate printing and mailing of acknowledgements
- Provide support for mail scanning and check depositing
- Provide donor support for updating contact information, providing tax info when requested, updating email list and communication preferences, and with logging in to Virtuous donor portal
Data Entry – 20%
- Review and process contact forms, imports and updates, including from email signups, volunteer interest forms, affiliate interest forms
- Execute data procedures and assist to ensure staff are adhering to data policies.
- Perform database maintenance and cleanup in accordance with protocol.
- Process data updates, including from NCOA’d lists and returned mail
Staff and Volunteer Support – 20%
- Provide general staff support for updating, reviewing, and extracting contact record information from Virtuous
- Provide “help desk” for general staff and volunteer questions, including where to find things, how things are recorded
- Assist with staff and volunteer trainings
Mailing and General Office Support – 10%
- Stuff, seal and stamp envelopes for appeals, newsletters, and ad-hoc mailings
- Coordinate print and production of ad hoc mailings when necessary
- Fulfill orders and track and maintain inventory of River Store
While responsible for consistent execution of day-to-day functions upon which the development team and organization depend, this position provides support across all fundraising and constituent relations functions.
Candidates for this position should enjoy data, databases, using them effectively, and helping others. Proficiency with excel and prior CRM or Salesforce experience preferred.
About Connecticut River Conservancy
Connecticut River Conservancy is the voice for the Connecticut River watershed, from source to sea. We collaborate with partners across four states to protect and advocate for your rivers and educate and engage communities. We bring people together to prevent pollution, improve habitat, and promote enjoyment of your river and its tributary streams. Healthy rivers support healthy economies.
CRC is an equal opportunity employer. We highly encourage members of communities historically excluded from the environmental field to apply, and we value the insights, knowledge and perspective that a diverse staff bring to our organization and work.
COVID Policy and Benefits Package
The Connecticut River Conservancy requires all employees to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations. We are pleased to offer health, vision, and dental insurance as well as generous paid leave to our regular employees working at least 20 hours/week. We also offer an employer supported retirement plan for employees who expect to earn at least $5000 in the calendar year. Please reach out with any questions about our current COVID-19 safety procedures and/or benefits packages.