The Connecticut River Boating Guide:
Source To Sea (Third Edition)
19.95 + tax (CT, MA, VT only) Shipping & Handling $5.00 to US addresses. International orders please contact us by email for shipping rate.
“An invaluable aid in planning a boating trip on the Connecticut River” – The Hartford Courant
Now available in a completely revised edition, this book continues to be the classic, authoritative guide for boaters, canoeists, and kayakers on the Connecticut River.
This third edition (2007) covers the entire waterway from its source at the Canadian border to Long Island Sound, dividing the river into twenty-eight reaches with accompanying GPS-compatible maps. Practical information on boating facilities, ramps, access areas, mileages, difficulty, sources of flow information, and portages makes it easier than ever to plan your next adventure along the river.
With sewn binding, kivar cover, and rounded corners, this book will be your trusted companion on Connecticut River boating adventures for a long time to come.
The authors – John Sinton, Elizabeth Farnsworth, and Wendy Sinton – are experienced boaters and paddlers with an abiding interest in the enduring health of the river. They wrote the guide to provide paddlers and boaters with authoritative information about boating on the river, but the guide will also become required reading for anyone who wants a more intimate understanding of the Connecticut River Watershed.
After consulting CRWC members, local experts, and watershed residents about what changes and updates we needed to include, we produced a new guide with a host of improvements:
- Accurate maps, with GPS-verified access sites and points of interest.
- Boating facilities tables next to the maps for easy reference while on the water.
- Updated, descriptions of 28 river reaches from the Fourth Connecticut Lake to Long Island Sound.
- New introductory essays on the watershed’s natural and human history.
- New and revised short narratives that deepen your understanding of each river reach.
- Updated contact information on boating services, references for further reading, and websites for up to date information.
- Guaranteed binding -- if it fails, the publisher will replace the book for free.
©2007 Connecticut River Watershed Council, Inc.
256 pages, 6X9 inches, $19.95. All royalties go to CRWC.
See the items you are ready to order.
Photo credits: ©McConnell/McNamara
Image Credits at Right - Illustrations: Bill Singleton; Photos: ©McConnell/McNamara, ©Ethan Nedeau, ©Duane Raver, ©Jerry Monkman www.ecophotography.com, CRWC Staff