Welcome to the SOURCE TO SEA CLEANUP Online Photo Contest 2016
Thank you to everyone who submitted photos and voted. The contest is now closed but the photo gallery remains below so you can continue to enjoy the many great photos of the event. We hope you had as much fun as we did! Please plan to join us again in 2017.
CONGRATULATIONS JUDGE’S CHOICE WINNERS!
1ST PLACE – Happy Helpers
Nonotuck Community School
Mill River, Northampton, MA
2ND PLACE – Born on the Bayou
Log Pond Cove, Holyoke, MA
3RD PLACE – Carting Out the Trash
Four Rivers Charter Public School
Green River, Greenfield, MA
Judge’s Choice Awards – Selected from all eligible entries by a panel of judges.
1st Place: Paddler’s Dry Top by Confluence Outdoors, $100 Ibex Gift Certificate, and a copy of Connecticut River: A Photographic Journey through the Heart of New England by Al Braden
2nd Place: $50 Ibex Gift Certificate and a copy of Connecticut River: A Photographic Journey through the Heart of New England by Al Braden
3rd Place: $25 Cabella’s Gift Certificate
People’s Choice Awards – Determined by highest total votes during public voting period.
1st Place: $50 Ibex Gift Certificate, 2 signed books by Ted Williams- The Insightful Sportsman: Thoughts on Fish, Wildlife and What Ails the Earth, and Something’s Fishy: An Angler’s Look at Our Distressed Gamefish and Their Waters and How We Can Preserve Both
2nd Place: $50 Ibex Gift Certificate and a signed copy of The Connecticut River Boating Guide: Source to Sea
3rd Place: $25 Cabella’s Gift Certificate
Photos must be submitted by Monday, October 3 at 12pm (noon).
Voting begins at 12:01 pm on Monday, October 3 and ends at 12pm (noon) on Tuesday, October 11, 2016.
Founded in 1952, the Connecticut River Watershed Council (CRWC) advocates for the entire four-state Connecticut River watershed. With your help, we protect the River, its tributaries, lakes, fish; and the land, plants, and creatures connected to that water. We work to keep them safe now, and for future generations.
ELIGIBILITY AND USE OF IMAGES
- Photographers do not need to be members of CRWC to participate.
- If you are 17 years old or younger, you may participate in the Contest with the permission and assistance of your parent(s)/guardian(s).
- Images that have won previous CRWC photo contests are ineligible.
- CRWC staff, Board Members, interns, and their families are not eligible to participate.
- Ownership and copyright of all entries remain solely with the photographer. By submitting your photos to this Contest, you grant use of your photographs for CRWC publications, website, products, and other uses to promote CRWC’s work.
- Any entry will be disqualified if it is inappropriate, incomplete, fails to meet the required specifications, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of CRWC. If your entry is rejected, it will be removed from the Contest website and you will be notified by email.
- Each person is allowed to vote only once per photo per day, during the voting period.
- Votes are tracked using your IP address.
- You can vote for more than one photo each day.
DETERMINING THE WINNERS
- JUDGE’S CHOICE AWARDS: Three finalists will be determined by a panel of judges from among the eligible entries (see Submission Period in sidebar on right) based on the quality of the contestant’s entry and how well the images convey the theme of the contest. The photographs that receive the three highest average scores will receive the Judge’s Choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards, respectively. You do not need to collect votes to win the Judged Category. All decision of the judges are final. Winners will be announced via email and on our website by 5pm on Monday, October 3, 2016. Judge’s Choice winning photographs will not be eligible for voting in the People’s Choice Awards and will be removed from the voting pool. Additional non-winning photographs submitted by the winning photographers will be eligible for People’s Choice Awards.
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS: Three winners of the People’s Choice Awards will be determined by public vote (see Submission Period and Voting Period in sidebar on right). The three photographs with the highest total votes during the voting period will be deemed the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards, respectively. Share your entry with your family and friends and encourage them to vote for your photograph to increase your chances of winning. Voting will take place beginning at 12:01pm on Monday, October 3, 2016 through 12pm (noon) on Tuesday, October 11, 2016. Once voting begins, no other photos may be submitted. Winners will be posted on our website and via email by 5pm on October 11, 2016.
MEET THE JUDGES
- Matthew Cavanaugh: Matthew is a freelance photojournalist and wedding photographer based in Western MA since 2010.
- Kate Hunter: Kate is a wedding, portrait and fine art photographer based in Greenfield, MA. Kate is also the co-owner and photo printing specialist at The Greenfield Gallery & Fine Art Printing.
- CRWC Staff: Many of our staff members have photography backgrounds and are lending their expertise and enthusiasm to the Judges Panel.