There is nothing like getting out on the river. Our Connecticut River Boating Guide: Source to Sea (2007) is the best and most complete recreation resource for kayaking, canoeing, and boating on the river. It’s full of the information, maps, natural history, photos, plus camping and put-in access listings that will get you where you want to go.
Paddle with Us
CRWC also organizes seasonal paddles on different stretches of the Connecticut. They are often led by our stewards, and often initiated and co-led in cooperation with river enthusiasts from other organizations. Click here, for a link to our upcoming events, as well as other river happenings in the watershed.
Other Recreation Resources
Listed below are links to some sites to help get you out in our great watershed:
RIVER FLOW & DAM RELEASE INFORMATION
Automated guage stations report river levels at various points throughout the watershed in real time.
ROUTES and MAPS
- Connecticut River Joint Commissions of VT and NH Maps, portages, and general information about boating in the Upper Valley by the two-state agency.
- Maps of the Upper River From Connecticut Lakes to the Massachusetts line by Connecticut River Joint Commissions of VT and NH.
- The Connecticut River Paddlers' Trail A series of primitive campsites and access points from the river’s headwaters to the Massachusetts border.
- The Northern Forest Canoe Trail NFCT links the waterways of New York, Vermont, Québec, New Hampshire and Maine.
- Detailed boating maps A series of maps of the River from Vernon south, created by KM Digital Productions.
- Places to Visit on the Connecticut River - Boating Brochure (PDF) Central MA information from Holyoke Gas & Electric: public use areas, public access points, marinas.
- Public Use Areas Along the Connecticut River Poster (PDF) Public Use Areas along the river in MA, by Holyoke Gas & Electric.
- Camping, canoeing, and kayaking in Turners Falls and Northfield, MA by First Light Power Resources.
BOAT RENTALS, OUTFITTERS, GUIDES
- Boating Safety - State Guidelines These are pages from the Center for Disease Control, with safety tips and links to state guidelines.
- National Safe Boating Council Including safety courses, downloadable tips, etc.
Photo credits (above): CRWC Staff
Image Credits at Right - Illustrations: Bill Singleton; Photos: CRWC Staff, ©Al Braden www.albradenphoto.com, ©McConnell/McNamara