Join a Source to Sea Cleanup Group
On this page:
Use this page to locate a Cleanup group that is accepting cleanup volunteers. Some Cleanup groups are closed to non-members of the company, scout troop, church organization, classroom, etc.
The list and map of registered Groups will help you to find a Group that encourages new people to join, and will tell you how to contact the group leader.
How to get involved
- If contact information is listed for the group leader on the downloadable list of groups, please let her/ him know you will be participating. If possible, contact the group leader early so they have time to prepare.
- Check the chart and communicate with the group leader about exact meeting location and times, plans for inclement weather and what to bring. Some groups meet on a different day, so be sure to check the date for the group you’re planning to join.
- All volunteers must complete a waiver form to participate. Adult Waiver Youth Waiver
- All groups track trash as an important part of the Cleanup. Your group leader may assign participants to record data or separate recyclables.
- We are looking for volunteers to help us scout sites ahead of this year's Cleanup. You can do this near where you live. Contact email@example.com
- Anyone at any time can report a trash site. Site suggestions help us guide groups to a good site if they don’t have one.
- Spread the word: tell your friends or help hang event fliers in your town.
- There may be roles for volunteers before the Cleanup, such as finding supplies. Contact your leader to get more involved and help your local group grow and be successful.
If you have any questions or have limited computer access and need assistance, please contact Jacqueline Talbot, Cleanup Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.704.0057.
Having trouble locating an open group in your area? Please check back here again as the list will be regularly updated. Or, consider starting a group in your area.
Thank you for being a steward of the Connecticut River watershed!
Return to top
Photo credits (above): Ken Sek
Image Credits at Right - Illustrations: Bill Singleton; Photos: Elisabeth Cianciola, John Stack, Kyla Bennett, CRWC Staff.