A great outpouring of support from river lovers helped make Valley Gives Day 2016 – which took place on May 3rd – a great success for the Connecticut River Watershed Council.
New friends and loyal supporters helped to:
- Win $8,050 in special prizes:
- $5,000 meet-your-match prize
- $2,000 for 4th place for most donors to a large organization – 234 river lovers!
- $550 for 11 first-time Valley Gives Donors
- $500 Golden Ticket
- Achieve a Valley Gives online total of $14,767
- Secure $10,750 in additional matching gifts from trustees and friends
- Attract 44 new members to CRWC
- Raise a grand total of $33,567
Thank you to everyone who made this day a success.
Special thanks go to the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts for putting on this amazing event. Overall, more than 10,000 people participated in Valley Gives Day 2016, raising over $1.8 million for 450 nonprofit organizations in Western Massachusetts.
Thank you Melissa McClung for creating this great video for Valley Gives!
What is Valley Gives?
Valley Gives is a celebration of generosity for western Massachusetts. Supporters join together for 24 hours in special events and an online campaign to make gifts to their favorite charities. In a single day thousands of donors deliver an outpouring of support for the nonprofits working to make our region an amazing place to live. Every gift has greater impact because participating nonprofits are eligible for significant cash awards that go directly to fund their good work.
How can I help?
You can volunteer on Valley Gives Day 2017. To sign up or to find out more, contact Mary at email@example.com or 413-772-2020, ext. 201.
You can make a donation to help protect your rivers any day of the year.